Mechanical Engineer (Master’s Degree) with 14 years of experience in:
- Detail Designing Mechanical systems / Mechanisms / Assemblies considering manufacturability, reliability and maintainability + FAA regulations
- 3D modeling / 2D Drafting with CAD applications (Solid Works, Solid Edge, CATIA V5 …)
- Design Metal and Plastic / Sheet metal components
- Prototype fabrication
- Reverse engineering
- Engineering problem resolving
And familiar with:
- Plastic injection molding
- Rapid prototyping
- FEM /CFD analysis (Fluent, Ansys)
- Electrical equipments / Hydraulics / Pneumatics
Project Engineer / Senior Designer (Apr. 2009 – Present)
- Was project & design engineer to design and manufacture:
- A thermoelectric refrigerator/wine chiller for Embraer Aircraft Co.
- A microwave oven “Wavejet AX” for Airbus Co.
- A microwave oven “Wifi Comp. Wavejet” for Dassault Falcon Aircraft Co.
- All above projects Included: Sheet-metal, Plastic, Metal, Mechanisms, and EMI filtering design, plus Building prototypes, creating mechanical/electrical drawings, and qualification test documents.
- Designed new mechanisms and solved thermal / mechanical problems.
Mechanical Engineer / Designer (Dec. 2008 – Feb 2009.)
- Designed a new pneumatic telescopic mast and improved the previous locking mechanism.
- Designed mechanical parts of a truck cabin to be made for Fairfax County Schools.
Project Manager/ Mechanical Engineer Designer (Sep. 1999 – Oct 2008.)
- Providing ~%50 added value, was the project coordinator of Samand limousine (Sarir) project.
- Researched and designed a complete mechanical and electromechanical car crash test system (Side intrusion test). Retaining $20000 per test. (Using Solidworks)
- Directed and coordinated activities involved in fabrication, installation and operation of the "Side intrusion test system" (mentioned above).
- Managed and successfully accomplished all the activities of making two prototype concept cars (Samand Limousine and Right-hand-drive Samand) within prescribed time.
- Was principal engineer in the staff that prepared and presented the feasibility study documents. (F.S.) for manufacturing of two different cars (Sarir and right-hand-drive Samand).
- Coordinated a BIW workshop (manufacturing 3 Sarir bodies a day).
- Was Trim Dep. design engineer in "Peugeot 206 platform" group, designing and 3D model preparation /modification of interior and exterior trim parts using CATIA (e.g. bumpers, floor carpet, air intake grill, console, door panels, parcel shelf...).
- Was executive of "Samand assembly line adaptation to assemble Sarir" project.
- Served as design/fabrication expert in "fuel-cell" project for mechanical parts (Using Solidworks).
- Was project coordinator of the "Workshop retooling" project to assemble BIW of Sarir.
- Was instrumental in research team to clarify and resolve Sarir platform weaknesses in passing "Side crash" test.
- Used CAD/CAE software such as CATIA and Solidworks, Rhino.
- Designed and supervised the construction of two ventilation and air filtration systems in rapid prototyping and modeling workshops. (Using Solidworks)
Principal technician / Mechanical designer (Fall 1995 - Summer 1997)
- Served as principal technician in foundation of "Heat Transfer/Combustion" Lab.
- Served as principal assistant to fabricate a burner testing furnace.
- Designed and fabricated a water cooling systems for the above mentioned furnace.
5- Projects During Study,
- Retaining $30000, researched, planned and designed a complete system of air pollution absorption for I-Kashmir knitting Co. (B.S. Project) (Sep. 1997 – Dec. 1997)
- Was director and the principal technician of fabrication, installation and operation team of the pollution absorption system. (Mentioned above). (Sep. 1997 – Des. 1997)
- Researched, designed, fabricated, installed a capillary viscometer and performed related tests for Tehran Univ (Using Solidworks). (M.S. Project) (Des. 2000 – Feb. 2001)
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Tehran University, 2001.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic (Amirkabir Univ.), 1998.
TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving.) Ruthenia Univ. Moscow
Mistake proofing & Poka-yoke
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) by RWTUV/TUV Academy
Fundamentals of polymers
SOLID WORKS 3D modeling & assembly
CATIA V5- 3D modeling, assembly & analysis
Fundamentals of DFA (Design for assembly)
(Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, Drafting, Structural Analysis …)
Solidworks: 3D modeling, Assembly, Drawing
Solid Edge: 3D modeling, Assembly, Drawing
Ansys, Working model, Moldflow
Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Adobe Photoshop /Acrobat and many other utilities and internet techniques.
Honors, Awards & other Activities:
- 1st prize from The “Iranian Society of mechanical Engineers (ISME)” Aalinasab in mechanical engineering for "The Best B.S. Thesis" among all universities-1999.
- Managed the "Science branch" of Educational – Guild Council of Faculty of Mechanical Eng. in Tehran Polytechnic (fall 1996 - fall 1997).
- Presented a paper in 4th international ISME conference 2000.
- Member of Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineers, (ISME). Since 1999